With the support of :Conseil national des Vins et Spiritueux, Moët Hennessy
EU WINE LAW - SUMMER SCHOOL - June 20-29, 2016
JEAN MONNET CHAIR ON EUROPEAN REGULATION OF THE WINE SECTOR
Intellectual Property Rights in the Wine Sector – International and Comparative Aspects Geographical Indications, Trademarks, Breeder’s Rights…)
(EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION FEE: UNTIL APRIL 29, 2016 !)
The 6th edition of the EU Wine Law Summer School is hosted by the University of Reims School of Law as part of the Wine & Law Program.
Located in the heart of Champagne, the University of Reims delivers a 10-day intense course program, entirely in English, on the legal aspects of wine trade within and with the European Union.
This year the Program will focus on Intellectual Property Rights in the Wine Sector – International and Comparative Aspects.
Courses and Seminars include:
- Introduction to Wine Marketing – Wine, Terroir & Society
- Introduction to the European protection of Geographical Indications
- Seminar on European Trademark Law
- Seminar on European Case-Law related to IP Rights
- The International System of Protection for GIs and TMs applied in the Wine Sector
- Introduction to the I.P. protection for plant varieties in the European Union
- GIs and Trademarks for Wines in U.S. Law
- Australian GIs and Trademarks in the Wine Sector
And as always, the Summer School is also about wine tasting, sightseeing and socializing. Receptions, visits to Champagne-related sites and special events are organized for the participants, including the Annual Global Wine Law Lecture.
Steve Charters, Wine Business School, Dijon (France)
Silvere Lefevre, Legal Secretary at the General Tribunal of the European Union (Luxemburg)
Tracy Genesen, General Counsel and Vice-President of the California Wine Institute (USA)
Theodore Georgopoulos, Director of the Wine & Law Program – Jean Monnet Chair (France)
Stephen Stern, Attorney-at-Law, Coors, Chambers, Westgarth (Australia)
Tjeerd Overdijk, Attorney-at-Law, Vondst Advocaten (The Netherlands)
For more information and applications, you may check the official website of the Wine & Law Program: